Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Great documents which no one reads

I was at the Osu library back in my college days and happened to look at a early edition of the Origin Of the species( by the survival of the favored races) The book had been in the library for 100 years but as I leafed though I noticed something odd many of the pages- not separated---until I separated them in a hundred year no one had read the whole book! No one. I was not greatly saddened by this but I fear much the same could be said for many Great works such as the Bible, the constitution, the declaration of independence and other foundational documents. For example how many believe the constitution says there is a separation of church and state? Or how many think the Bible says spare the rod and spoil the child? We must learn to read the original sources do not live as if you were illiterate. Do not be fooled by the "elites" in to seeing the world with worldly eyes. See instead with Wordly eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home